PRESS RELEASE: The Final Event of the ICT4CART project takes place at the ITS World Congress in Hamburg on 15th October 2021
After 3 successful years, the ICT4CART project is reaching its end and is ready to showcase the key results from its demo sites during its Final Event on 15th October 2021 from 2:00 to 6:00 pm at the ITS World Congress 2021 in Hamburg, Germany. During the Final Event, a series of interactive presentations and video demonstrations promise to offer participants an overview of the significant contribution of the ICT4CART project to the research community and showcase how its solutions will improve EU citizens daily life, while creating new market opportunities for large companies and SMEs.
After a brief welcome speech by Mr. Vladimir Vorotovic (ERTICO-ITS Europe), the Final Event moderator, Dr. Vasilis Sourlas (ISENSE Group of ICCS), will open the event, sharing an overview on the scope and goals of the ICT4CART project. After the welcome remark delivered by the Project Officer, Pedro Alfonso Perez Losa, from the European Agency CINEA , the event will continue with a series of fruitful presentations from renowned companies and institutions that participated in the project, such as Nokia, University of Institute of Measurement, Control and Microtechnology (UULM), Urban Foresight (UFL), Centro Ricerche Fiat (CRF), Leading Innovation & Knowledge for Society (Links) and Autobahnen und Schnellstraßen Finanzierungs Aktiengesellschaft (Asfinag). The presenters will introduce to the audience several key topics, such as:
- the Hybrid Mobile Radio Network Communication Infrastructure for automated driving;
- the IT services and tools needed for connected automation across the multitude of communication networks;
- the development and integration of cyber-security solutions for enhanced end-to-end protection;
- the integrity, privacy and reliability of the data used for automated driving purposes;
- the possible scenarios and business models, related to different automation levels and the implementation of different pricing policies.
Subsequently, the audience will have the opportunity to watch the video demonstrations from the four pilot sites in Austria, Germany, Italy and the Italian-Austrian border and learn about ICT4CART’s results in urban and highway environments. The Final Event will conclude with an interactive discussion between the Advisory Board members and the audience, during which the project’s results will be further discussed.
To attend ICT4CART Final Event participants must first be registered to the ITS World Congress (register here), and secondly for the event in Eventbrite here (due to Covid19 restrictions, seats are limited, so, we encourage everyone to register in order to guarantee their seat).
The ITS World Congress & the ICT4CART Final event have been pre-approved for the 2-G COVID sanitary protocol, offering the opportunity for attendants to interact more freely in a safe and secure environment, enabling the networking that we all have missed for so long. To access the event, all attendees need to have been vaccinated with one of the 4 EU recognized vaccinations (Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen/Johnson & Johnson and Oxford/AstraZeneca) or to have recovered from COVID. The event will NOT be accessible for people who are only tested for COVID-19.
ICT4CART is a project funded by the European Union under the Horizon 2020 programme (grant agreement No 768953) and it is coordinated by the ISENSE Group of the Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICSS) of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA). 21 partners from 9 European countries joined their forces with a common vision, to build a sustainable future for connected and automated vehicles, adapting and improving technological advances from the telecommunication, automotive and IT industries in order to provide the ICT infrastructure and to enable the transition towards higher levels of vehicle automation (up to L4). More information about the ICT4CART project and the Final Event can be found at www.ict4cart.eu.
Dr. Angelos Amditis - ICCS
ERTICO ITS-EUROPE, Chairman
Athens Urban Transport (OASA S.A.), Deputy Chairman, BoD
ICCS, Research Director, BoD | I-SENSE Group, Director
Elisa Todesco - ERTICO | ITS Europe
ICT4CART Communications and Dissemination Manager
ICT4CART at a Glance
Title: ICT Infrastructure for Connected and Automated Road Transport
Total Cost: EUR 10,218,621.25
EU Contribution: EUR 7,996,571.52 - This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 768953.
Start Date: September 2018
End date: February 2022
Project Coordinator: Dr. Angelos Amditis, Institute of Communication & Computer Systems (ICCS)
- Institute Of Communication And Computer Systems (ICCS), Greece
- Ibm Ireland Limited (IBM-IE), Ireland
- Ibm Research Gmbh (IBM-Z), Switzerland
- Centro Ricerche Fiat Scpa (CRF), Italy
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW), Germany
- Nokia Solutions And Networks Gmbh &Co Kg (Nokia), Germany
- Wind Tre Spa (Wind), Italy
- T-Mobile Austria Gmbh (T-Mob), Austria
- Robert Bosch Gmbh (Bosch), Germany
- Swarco Mizar Srl (SWM), Italy
- Cassidian Cybersecurity Sas (Airbus), France
- Autobahnen- Und Schnellstrassen-FinanzierungsAktiengesellschaft (Asfinag), Austria
- Austriatech - Gesellschaft Des Bundes Fur Technologiepolitische Massnahmen Gmbh (ATE), Austria
- Universitaet Ulm (Uulm), Germany
- Naytiliakes Metaforikes Kai Epikoinoniakes Epixeiriseis Seability Epe (SEAB), Greece
- Istituto Superiore Mario Boella Sulle Tecnologie Dell'informazione E Delle Telecomunicazioni Associazione (ISMB), Italy
- European Road Transport Telematics Implementation Coordination Organisation - Intelligent Transport Systems & Services Europe (ERTICO), Belgium
- Stadt Ulm (COU), Germany
- Comune Di Verona (CDV), Italy
- Societa Per Azioni Autostrada Del Brennero (Brenner-Autobahn) (Bre), Italy
- Urban Foresight Limited (UFL), United Kingdom